This one is very traditional recipe straight from Ajmer.Honestly like I was one of those people who never heard of this combination before.Just got this recipe yesterday from one of my uncle's(chef) relative over phone(i don't even who her name),as he wanted me to make this for him over dinner.The final result was awesome..i know this because of the compliment i got from him that it tasted exactly like the place from where he use to eat in his childhood !
1/2tsp garam masala powder
2-3 Green chilies (chopped)
1tsp Green coriander(chopped)
1/2tsp Red chili powder
1/2tsp Ginger (finely chopped)
1/4tsp Mustard seeds
1/4tsp Methi seeds
Pinch of asafoetida(hing)
Salt to taste
- Make very thin paste by mixing besan,curd,water,garam masala,red chili powder and salt.
- In heavy bottom pan heat oil and crackle mustard,methi seeds,half of green chili and hing.after few second add above paste and let it cook on very low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- finally sprinkle remaining green chili,green coriander leaves and tatri.
- You can also add pinch of garam masala over it while serving.
- Serve hot with Urad dal kachori.
# Tatri can be replaced by 1lemon juice.