I was planning to make this dessert from many days,but failed to get any eggless version on internet..So finally decided to try something by my own..i made this pudding today in celebration of my brother's selection in NIFT & it turned out yummy and super light !!
1/2Cup Fine Flour
7-8 Dates(roughly chopped)
1/4tsp Baking powder(Double action)
1/8tsp Baking Soda
For Caramel sauce
1-2drops vanila essence
- Boil water and dates together.Add baking soda and stir till dates start breaking.(it will take hardly 1minutes).Remove from heat and Let it cool.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix powdered sugar and butter till it become creamy.Add this in date mixture.
- Add above mixture in flour and fold in carefully.
- Transfer this in baking dish.(i used 2Cupcake molds)
- Steam this on medium heat for 20minutes.or until toothpick comes out clean.
- For Caramel Sauce: Add all ingredients together and put on low heat.Stir till it converts into thick sauce.Add few drops of vanilla essence.
- D-mold the pudding in serving plate.Pour caramel sauce on it as per your like..serve warm.
# I added 1tsp of condensed milk in sauce and reduced the cream & sugar by half.
## Also i tried this pudding with oil instead of butter,turned out good.